Salford - British Red Cross Centre
Book a practical quality assured course in Manchester from the British Red Cross – trusted first aid experts with a 5 star Trustpilot rating.
Parking & Transport Information:
- Cars - There are lots of car parking spaces available at the venue. However, there are no accessible spaces. The car park can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that, in the unusual scenario in which there is insufficient space within the fenced British Red Cross car park, delegates must avoid parking in the bays on the roundabout or in neighbouring car parks within the business park. Delegates must also avoid parking on the single yellow lines on Ohio Avenue. Passes are required to park at Batley's and these cannot be made available to delegates. Parking in any of these spaces will result in fines being issued for which the British Red Cross cannot take responsibility. Alternative parking is available on the road on Ohio Avenue, less than 100 metres from the venue. Parking on Ohio Avenue is free, but as advised above, please avoid parking on the single yellow lines.
- Bicycles - There are 10 grid-style bicycle parking racks directly outside the entrance to the venue. This parking is not sheltered and is not monitored by CCTV. Our receptionist will endeavour to keep an eye on bicycles as they are within view of the reception desk. However, neither they nor the British Red Cross can take responsibility for the safety of bicycles parked at the venue. There is 1 shower available for use at the venue but there is no space available to air wet towels.
- Bus - The nearest bus stop is Broadway Chandlers Point, approximately 150 metres from the venue. Several bus routes serve Salford Quays, all of which are detailed in the link here. Service 50 stops at several locations in Manchester City Centre, and so this service will likely be of most use to delegates visiting Manchester from elsewhere. This specific route is detailed here.
- Tram (Metrolink) - The nearest tram stop is Harbour City, approximately 200 metres from the venue. Harbour City is a stop on services bound for MediaCityUK or Ashton-under-Lyne (orange line) and Eccles or Ashton-under-Lyne (light blue line).
If your direction of travel is towards either MediaCityUK or Eccles: as you alight, turn right before taking the pedestrian crossing along the tram tracks. Turn right and follow the path to its end before turning left onto Ohio Avenue. Go up Ohio Avenue until you reach the Central business park. Turn left into the business park and the British Red Cross Centre will be on your right.
If your direction of travel is towards Ashton-under-Lyne: as you alight and leave the platform, turn right before taking the pedestrian crossing along the tram tracks. Turn left and follow the pavement until the other pedestrian crossing along the tram tracks, then cross. Turn right and follow the path to its end before turning left onto Ohio Avenue. Go up Ohio Avenue until you reach the Central business park. Turn left into the business park and the British Red Cross Centre will be on your right.
Further information on the Metrolink service, including live tram updates, can be found here.
- Train - The nearest railway station is Salford Crescent, approximately 1.4 miles from the venue. Services appropriate to your needs can be found using either the National Rail Enquiries or Trainline websites.
This venue does not currently have step-free access. All training rooms at this venue are on the ground floor. There is 1 accessible toilet on the first floor which can be accessed using the lift. This venue does not have a hearing loop installed.
Food and drink
Tea and coffee facilities are available on-site, however, please note that lunch is not provided.
We recommend making your own arrangements such as bringing a packed lunch or purchasing from local amenities if available.