Wellbeing Support at Work
Promote positive mental health and wellbeing in your team and watch them thrive at work. Benefits of training can include increased productivity, lower absence and improved resilience.
Online | Virtual | Face to Face
- Prices from:
What is a Wellbeing Support at Work course?
The interactive Wellbeing Support at Work course is designed to equip you, and your team, with the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective support to others, while also taking care of your own wellbeing. The skills learned will help you to build personal resilience and bounce back when faced with situations that are stressful, upsetting or challenging.
Prioritising wellbeing in the workplace can benefit both employees and employers, leading to improved physical and mental health, higher job satisfaction, increased productivity, and better retention rates. This short course is ideal for all roles within the workforce.
Why choose to train with us?
For more than 35 years, Red Cross Training has been providing training to businesses. With a focus on regulated training in the first aid industry and mental health at work training that was developed through real-world experience and expertise, we have established an excellent reputation, delivering valuable services and training to individuals and organisations throughout the UK.
This Wellbeing Support at Work course utilises the same framework we use to train our own teams, who through their work, are routinely supporting individuals facing hugely diverse challenges and difficult situations. This versatile framework can be utilised to support the wellbeing of your employees or team members.
Did you know:
- The Red Cross has a global reputation in providing both emotional and practical support during crises.
- By learning with the British Red Cross, you'll benefit from the expertise of our teams in supporting people in emotionally challenging situations.
- The course content is based on the globally recognised CALMER psychosocial framework.
What topics are included on the course?
The Wellbeing Support at Work course has been developed as an introduction for learners to some of the core skills needed for them to better cope when faced with challenges at work, helping to improve communication and motivation.
This two-hour core course is the foundation of all other courses from which learners can build their skills.
During the course learners will gain a deeper understanding of the following concepts and learn practical techniques to apply them in their daily lives.
1. Introduction to supporting others and yourself:
- Understanding individual reactions to a difficult situation.
- Understanding the impact of powerful emotions and ambiguous loss.
- Recognising how the window of tolerance can help people thrive in everyday life.
2. Effective communication and active listening:
- Understanding the importance of effective communication in providing support.
- Developing tools to build rapport and trust.
3. Identifying and responding to others' needs:
- Understanding different personalities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Identifying the needs of others.
- Developing effective responses, resources, and support strategies.
4. Building resilience and coping skills:
- Understanding the importance of personal resilience when helping yourself and others.
- Developing strategies for managing stress and building resilience.
- Developing skills for self-compassion.
What are the course delivery options?
The Wellbeing Support at Work training course is available to learners through three routes:
Online learning (1 hour):
- Start to support your wellbeing from today book with an introductory offer of £35 (excl VAT) per learner - valid until 31/12/23.
Learners access the wellbeing support at work course materials through our learning management system at their own convenience, making this the most versatile and flexible version of this course.
Learners cover the course modules independently, which can be beneficial if you have learners who may not be comfortable talking about mental health publicly. This online course is also a great choice for those that prefer to work through learning at their own pace and have time limitations.
Face to face learning (2 hour):
- From £695 + VAT for group bookings of 6-12 learners at your place of work.
This involves students attending a physical course either in one of our training venues or at your own premises. Classroom based courses allow learners to interact face-to-face with their trainer and peers, helping build relationships and trust within a team. It typically involves group discussions, and practical activities to make the course interactive and engaging for all learning styles.
Virtual learning (2 hour):
- From £520 + VAT for group bookings of 6-12 learners.
Our virtual learning is a live online class, and includes all the interactive simulations, and discussions you would expect to find in classroom-based learning. Virtual learning offers a range of benefits, including increased flexibility, convenience, and accessibility for learners.
This style of learning is suitable for all, but is particularly useful if you have a team spread over a large geographical area.
Get in touch to find out more about virtual and face to face learning options
Learning and assessment
Assessment and certificate
This is not an assessed course. Learners will receive a certificate of learning after they have covered all the modules of the course and engaged in activities designed to help them develop the tools and resources, they need to apply the skills in a real-life environment.
Suitable for all learners over the age of 16.
Mental health training can be emotionally challenging, but our experienced trainers are skilled at helping individuals cope with any challenges that may arise during the training program. Some learners may experience unexpected emotions during the training as a result of past experiences. The course content is varied and may include relatable trauma or crisis experienced by some individuals.
If you, or your learners, have any concerns they wish to discuss prior to the course please get in touch with our team?
Why is wellbeing important in the workplace?
Businesses that prioritise mental health and wellbeing are more likely to have happy, healthy, and productive employees. The Wellbeing Support at Work course can help businesses achieve this by providing practical guidance on how to create a supportive and inclusive workplace culture. The course is an essential tool for any organisation looking to improve the mental health and wellbeing of their workforce.
Is this course suitable for individuals or teams?
The Wellbeing Support at Work course offered by the British Red Cross is an excellent resource for both individuals and teams within businesses. The course covers a range of topics that can help businesses develop a workplace culture that prioritises mental health and wellbeing.
The course can also help break down the stigma associated with mental health and promote open and honest communication about mental health concerns.
Do you offer other Mental Health courses?
If a Wellbeing Support at Work course is not for you, we have other courses, ranging from 2 hours to 1 day, that may suit your Mental Health at Work training needs.