First aid for appointed persons course
1/2 day AM or PM
- Prices from:
- £119 *
Appointed persons certificate
Valid for three years
* (excl. VAT)
This First aid for appointed persons course is suitable for people aged 16+ and where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate that a first aider is not necessary. The course is designed for organisations who:
- are in a low hazard environment (e.g, small shops or office) and have less than 25 employees, or
- are in a high hazard environment (e.g, construction or warehousing) and have less than 5 employees, and/or
- have completed a risk assessment which indicates that a first aider is not necessary.
If you have staff members with an existing medical condition (and these are detailed in your risk assessment), the HSE recommends that you consider completing the three day First aid at work course; it teaches the skills to recognise and treat a wider range of injuries and medical conditions, which are not covered in the first aid for appointed persons or Emergency first aid at work courses.
What is covered on a First aid for appointed persons course?
Learners will develop the skills to:
- assess a casualty
- monitor a casualty
- know where to get help
- complete an accident report
- help someone who is unresponsive and breathing
- help someone who is unresponsive and not breathing
- help someone who is having a seizure.
Learning and assessment
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to respond in an emergency. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities, such as roleplay, designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an Appointed persons certificate which is valid for three years by the British Red Cross.
We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
For more information on this course please contact us.