Mental Health and Coronavirus online training course
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to disrupt our lives and the way we socialise and work, it’s important not to ignore our mental health and wellbeing.
Our Mental Health and Coronavirus online training course has been designed using the British Red Cross’ experience of helping people cope with crises. Our short and easy to access online training is aimed at those who may be finding isolation challenging during the lockdown, are experiencing loneliness, anxiety or stress, or are simply struggling with furlough or working from home.
The course takes around 30 minutes to complete, with the ability to pause and come back to it whenever you like. Through this mental health and wellbeing training, you will learn how to build and maintain resilience during these challenging times and how you can improve the mental health and wellbeing of yourself and others.
Topics covered include:
- What is psychosocial support
- Reactions to an abnormal event
- Common reactions to crisis
- Powerful emotions
- Isolation and loneliness
- Resilience and wellbeing
- The 6Rs of resilience
- The CALMER framework
1. To enrol on the course, please register on our online learning platform through the link below or log in to your existing account
2. Please be aware that you'll be sent a verification email with a link you need to click on before you're able to log in to your new account. If you already have an account you won't need to complete this step
3. Once you have logged in you will need to navigate to your dashboard
4. Under courses you will find the Mental Health and Coronavirus training course, which has been made available for free to anyone that holds an account on our online learning platform
To discover more information about how you can manage your mental health better during the coronavirus pandemic, please visit our Mental Health and Coronavirus resource page. Where you can watch videos, complete a number of quizzes to test your stress levels during the lockdown, read true stories and guidance on how you can improve the mental health of yourself and others.