Promotion-specific terms and conditions
The British Red Cross reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of promotions at any time and to take appropriate action, including the withdrawal of promotions if (at its discretion) it deems such action is necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
Promotional codes have no cash value, are not valid for gift card purchases or bookings of private group courses, and may not be used in conjunction with any other British Red Cross promotion.
If a refund is required for a purchase made using a promotional code, the refund will be for the value paid.
* Aviva – British Red Cross Public First Aid Course special offer – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the British Red Cross Public First Aid Course special offer (the “Offer”). By redeeming the promotional code in connection with this Offer, you are accepting these terms and conditions. Please read these carefully before deciding whether to redeem the promotional code:
1. The promotor of this Offer is Aviva Central Services UK Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 03259447. Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG (“Aviva”, “we”, “us” or “our”). The provider of the Offer is The British Red Cross Society, 44 Moorfields, Finsbury, London EC2Y 9AL, a body incorporated by Royal Charter and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 220949) and in Scotland (number SCO37738).
2. This Offer is a promotional code entitling you to £10 off either a First aid for baby and child course or a First aid for adult course run by the British Red Cross.
3. To be eligible to benefit from this Offer you must be an Aviva customer and have access to the Aviva Digicare+ mobile application. This Offer is not available for use with any other Red Cross product. Courses in this Offer are not certified for the purpose of any qualifications and do not qualify the learner as a first aider for the workplace. You will receive a workbook which contains a certificate of attendance.
4. This Offer is limited to the first 1000 bookings. Course bookings are subject to availability and will take place at venues around the UK, but it cannot be guaranteed that there will be a venue local to you.*. You can find out more information about the course content, location, availability, including how to book at this website: www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/courses/public-first-aid-courses/
*courses may be delivered virtually, depending on the Covid-19 situation. Keep updated here.
5. The promotional code is valid from 23 July 2021 until 28 July 2023 and can be applied to bookings of courses scheduled to take place between 28 July 2021 and 28 September 2023. The British Red Cross reserves the right to cancel or reschedule its courses in accordance with the terms and conditions of the courses as published by the British Red Cross from time to time.
6. Due to the importance of group interaction for a positive learning experience, should delegate number be extremely low, the British Red Cross reserves the right to cancel and reschedule any course at its sole discretion.
7. To redeem, Aviva customers who meet the above criteria, and subject to availability, need to book a First aid for baby and child course or a First aid for adult course online at www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/courses/public-first-aid-courses/ and enter the code in the ‘promotional code’ box. You can also ring the British Red Cross phone line on 0344 412 9000 and quote the promotional code. Calls are charged at your standard rate.
8. The promotional code is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
9. The promotional code is not valid for bookings of private group courses or gift card purchases.
10. The promotional code has no cash value.
11. Full terms and conditions regarding course attendance with the British Red Cross can be found here: https://www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk/Terms-and-conditions.aspx
12. If a refund is required for a booking made using this promotional code, the refund will be for the value paid by you.
13. The promotional code can only be used once by each Aviva customer and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion from the British Red Cross.
14. The British Red Cross reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the Offer at any time and to take appropriate action, including the withdrawal of the Offer at its discretion. This does not affect your legal rights.
15. Courses are provided by or on behalf of the British Red Cross and not by Aviva. If you decide to redeem the promotional code, you will form a contract directly with the British Red Cross and will be required to accept the British Red Cross’ terms and conditions. Courses are provided in limited locations and at limited times. Aviva will not be responsible for any costs associated with you attending and participating in a course. If you are unable to attend a course, whether because you are unable to book a suitable course or because you are unable to attend a booked course, no alternatives will be offered.
16. Aviva reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Offer where it becomes necessary to do so, at any time, for any reason and without prior notice or explanation.
17. Red Cross Training is ISO 9001: 2015 certified for the design and provision of first aid courses, and it is regularly audited to ensure that its training and customer service meets high standards in product, process and service quality; and in customer satisfaction.
18. This Offer is not to be interpreted as a recommendation by the Aviva Group of the British Red Cross’ products and/or services. Aviva makes no warranty nor makes any representation in respect of the British Red Cross’ products and/or services. Aviva is not responsible for any acts, omissions or representations of or by the British Red Cross, or for the suitability of the British Red Cross’ products and/or services. If you have any concerns or complaints about the British Red Cross’ products and/or services, please contact the British Red Cross directly.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, Aviva, its agents and employees will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any person taking up this Offer or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Offer except where it has been caused by Aviva’s negligence, or that of Aviva’s agents or employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. Aviva shall not be liable for any failure to comply with the British Red Cross’ obligations where the failure is caused by something outside of its reasonable control.
21. These terms and conditions shall be subject to the Laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Please note that our face-to-face training may include other members of the public on the course, other than Aviva customers.
- A gift card entitles the recipient to attend one of the following courses:
- First aid for adult
- First aid for baby and child
- Please use our website to check availability in the recipient's area.
- The gift card can only be redeemed at Red Cross Training. It cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for any other British Red Cross or Red Cross Training products.
- The gift card has no value unless activated by phoning Red Cross Training on 0344 412 2808.
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a gift card.
- The gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. Treat it like cash.
- Red Cross Training will not accept liability for lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
- Your gift card will be sent to the purchaser's address by Royal Mail 1st Class delivery. To send the gift card to an alternative address, please specify this at the time of purchase to our phone advisors.
- The gift card expires 12 months after date of purchase and the balance remaining will be deducted.