Standard terms and conditions of contract
The following terms and conditions apply to all orders for the purchase of services from the British Red Cross Society.
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service Centre by phone (0844 871 8000) between Monday to Friday 8:30 – 17:00, excluding bank and public holidays in England and Wales or email email@example.com. Please note that all calls to our Customer Service Centre will be charged at the national call rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary).
We advise you to print off and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
“Model Cancellation Form” means the model cancellation form of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, included at the back of these Conditions;
“Personal data” shall have the meaning set out in the Data Protection Act 1998;
“Service(s)” means the first aid course(s) offered by the British Red Cross Society;
“We/us” means the British Red Cross Society (a body incorporated by Royal Charter and registered in England and Wales (RC000070) with Companies House and a registered charity in England and Wales (number 220949) and in Scotland (number SC037738) whose national headquarters is at UK 44 Moorfields, Moorgate, London, EC2Y 9AL) and/or Britcross Limited (a company incorporated in England and Wales (number 00932598) whose registered office is at 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL (Britcross Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The British Red Cross Society and trades only to raise funds for its parent charity's charitable objectives. Its net profits are gift aided to the charity));
“Website” means www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; and
“You” means the purchaser of services from the Red Cross.
Key Accounts, please refer to your individual contracts.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any of our courses. Where it is necessary to cancel or reschedule any courses, you will be informed at the first available opportunity and delegates will be rescheduled as a priority to the next available course(s). We do not accept any responsibility for certificates expiring as a result of a cancelled course.
Full payment is required prior to the course start date. We reserve the right to withhold certificates until full payment has been cleared. Individual consumers are required to make payment at the time of booking.
If you are booking as a company, the full course fee will be charged for cancellations made fewer than 10 working days before the course start date. Cancellations can be received either by phone (0844 871 8000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). This applies to both scheduled courses and group bookings.
If you are booking as an individual, you have 14 calendar days in which to cancel your booking from the date it was made. If your course is due to start within this 14 calendar day period:
- If we have fully supplied the first aid course, you will lose your right to cancel and not be entitled to any refund of the fees you paid.
- If we have supplied only part of the course, you are still able to cancel the remaining part(s) of the course(s), but will be liable for the supply of all service(s) we have provided to you up until the time we receive notice of your intention to cancel. This will be calculated as an amount proportional to the services that have been supplied, taking into account the total cost of the course.
This applies to both scheduled courses and group bookings. Cancellations can be made by phone (0844 871 8000), email (email@example.com) or using the Model Cancellation Form, below.
You can transfer a delegate once without incurring a charge, provided that we receive this request at least 10 working days before the course start date. If you book a course less than 10 working days before the course start date, you will not be able to make a transfer, except in the event of illness and you provide us with a medical certificate. Transfer requests can be received either by phone (0844 871 8000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Substitutions will be accepted provided that the request is received before the course start date either by phone (0844 871 8000) or email (email@example.com).
No charges will be applied to any transfer request that we receive, provided that it is received at least 10 working days before the course start date. Any transfer requests received fewer than 10 working days before the course start date will incur an additional 50 per cent charge of the course fee.
All our prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
VAT Group Registration Number
The Group VAT registration number for both The British Red Cross Society and Britcross Ltd is 706 9262 27.
Course timing and joining instructions
Good time keeping throughout the course is essential. We will issue full joining instructions to the booker, for delegates attending the course, which includes information regarding the start time of the course. If the booker does not receive the joining instructions, it is their responsibility to contact us either by phone (0844 871 8000) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for them to be re-sent.
Failure to attend the course due to not receiving joining instructions will result in the full cost of the course being charged. It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure that the delegate is fully briefed and made aware of these instructions and all course requirements before attending the course.
Delegates must attend and complete all aspects of the course to qualify for certification. The full cost of the course will be charged for delegate(s) who arrive late or are absent from all or part of the course. This applies even if they are refused admittance due to lateness.
Meeting the needs of delegates
We have an Equal Opportunities Policy. To enable us to ensure that all customers are treated fairly and their requirements are fully met, you must advise us in advance of any special requirements that your delegate(s) need in order to enable them to participate fully in the training.
Please note that we do not provide any specialist equipment and/or personnel such as signers or translators; however, these can be sourced at your own cost.
It is the responsibility of the employer to select suitable persons to train to become first aiders in the workplace. It is important that such individuals are:
- Physically able to provide colleagues with first aid e.g. able to kneel on the floor and administer cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The duties of a first aider can be physically demanding. In line with the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) Approved Code of Practice, delegates must be free from any condition that will affect their participation in the course and their capability to carry out the duties of a first aider.
- Reliable, with the necessary disposition and communication skills.
- Able to cope with stressful and physically demanding emergency procedure.
- Easily reachable in the event of an emergency at work.
- 18 years old and above.
Delegates who are unable to meet the above requirements or fail to meet the pre-set assessment criteria for the course will not be awarded a certificate and will therefore be unable to act as first aiders within the workplace.
It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that all delegates attending a first aid at work requalification course hold proof of a current (in date) first aid at work certificate which is valid for the duration of the requalification course being attended.
In Northern Ireland, delegates whose certificates lapse before or during training will not be accepted onto the course. In this instance, the full delegate course fee will still be charged. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide a copy of the certificate at the time of booking.
Limitation of liability
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be liable by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or implied warranty condition or other term, or any duty at common law or under the express terms of this agreement, for any loss of profit or any indirect special or consequential loss, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation. Our entire liability to you under or in connection with this agreement and the provision of the first aid training shall not exceed the sum of twice the contract value. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to exclude any liability on our part for fraud.
Data Protection Act 1998
Non-sensitive Personal data collected will be used for the purpose of delegate(s) and course administration and may be disclosed to appropriate bodies/organisations associated with such course.
The information may also be used for marketing purposes and you may be contacted by telephone or e-mail with details of future similar events and courses organised or promoted by us which may be of interest to you.
We will not send marketing communication to any individual or organisations who have requested that their details are not used for such purposes.
We take appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and that we only keep it as is reasonable and necessary. If Personal data is disclosed, the Service Provider will ensure the bodies/organisations to which the Personal data is disclosed maintain equivalent measures and processes.
Contact details supplied to us will not be passed on to third parties.
If you have any complaint about this website or any of the services we provide, you should contact our customer service department on the number above and we will try and resolve it as soon as possible.
These terms and conditions and all matters connected with any order you place on our website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
How to find out what personal information we hold about you
You can request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We may require you to pay an administrative fee of £10.00 before we satisfy your request.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you, or want to update the information, please write to: British Red Cross - first aid training, Bradbury House, 4 Ohio Avenue, Salford Quays, M50 2GT, email email@example.com or call us on 0844 871 8000.
If you want to have your details removed from our marketing mailing lists, or to change your marketing preferences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Model Cancellation Form
To the British Red Cross Society:
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/we [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*]/for the provision of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate.
- A gift card entitles the recipient to attend one of the following courses:
- Please use our website to check availability in the recipient's area.
- The gift card can only be redeemed at Red Cross Training. It cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for any other British Red Cross or Red Cross Training products.
- The gift card has no value unless activated by phoning Red Cross Training on 0844 412 2808 (view call charges).
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a gift card.
- The gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. Treat it like cash.
- Red Cross Training will not accept liability for lost, stolen, or damaged cards.
- Your gift card will be delivered to the purchaser's address by Royal Mail first class delivery. To send the gift card to an alternative address, please specify this at the time of purchase to our phone advisors.
- The gift card expires 12 months after date of purchase and the balance remaining will be deducted.
- Red Cross Training reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the gift card at any time and to take appropriate action, including the cancellation of the card if, at its discretion, it deems such action is necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
- To qualify for £20 off a first aid for the public course, the customer must be a supporter of the British Red Cross, recruited under our door-to-door fundraising discount scheme, who has made six successful monthly payments of more than £8.50 per month.
- Courses eligible for code redemption are: first aid for baby and child, first aid for baby and child (evenings), first aid for adult and first aid for adult (evening) until 31 December 2015.
- This discount code cannot be used against group booking.
- The discount code can be used multiple times by customers.
- The £20 course code can be redeemed via the website
- To redeem the £20 off customers need to book a course on the website and when they come to pay enter the code in the "Promotional Code" box. This will update the price in the basket for them to then proceed to payment and confirmation.
- Customers can also call into the call centre on 0844 412 2808 (view call charges) and quote the promotional code.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion from British Red Cross.
- The £20 and discount codes have no cash value.
- Data for customers who redeem the code will be used only by British Red Cross and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- Customers will be offered the opportunity to opt out from further communications from British Red Cross at the time of booking. British Red Cross will not contact any customer who chooses to unsubscribe from further communications.
- British Red Cross reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the discount codes at any time and to take appropriate action, including the withdrawal of the offer if it deems this action as necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Should a customer require a refund on a course, this will be to the value paid.
- Discounts are non-redeemable on gift card purchases.
Please see the Gurgle page for the terms and conditions of this offer.
- The promotional code is valid from 7 September 2015 until 13 November 2015, and is redeemable on bookings made for courses taking place up until 31 March 2016.
- The code can be used multiple times.
- To redeem customers need to book a First aid for baby and child or First aid for adult course on the website and enter the code in the "Promotional Code" box. Or customers can call 0844 412 2808 (view call charges) and quote the promotional code.
- Not valid for bookings of private group courses.
- Not valid for gift card purchases.
- The voucher/code has no cash value.
- If a refund is required for a booking made using this promotional code, the refund will be for the value paid.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion from the British Red Cross.
- British Red Cross reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the promotional code at any time and to take appropriate action, including the withdrawal of the offer if it deems this action as necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
Automated external defibrillator prize draw
- The prize draw to win an automated external defibrillator opens from 1 November – 22 December 2015.
- The winner will receive a Heartsine Samaritan PAD 350P defibrillator worth £999.
- The offer is only open to new customers who book and attend one of the following courses, either as a scheduled or group booking, between 1 November – 22 December 2015:
- We define new customers as organisations who have never booked training with us before. If you have never booked with us before but you work for an organisation which has, unfortunately you will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- Customers can make as many bookings as they wish during the specified period, but the organisation they work for will only be entered into the prize draw once.
- All eligible bookings that meet the criteria will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- The free prize draw will close on 22 December 2015 at 5pm.
- One winner will be selected at random on 15 January 2016.
- The winner will be notified by 31 January 2016, and will receive their prize within 30 days of this date.
- If the Red Cross is unable to contact the winner by 14 February 2016, a new selection will take place.
- The winner will be presented with their prize by a representative of the British Red Cross at a convenient place and time to be arranged.
- Permission will be sought from the winner to use their image in marketing and promotional materials.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- Winner's name available on request by emailing email@example.com.