Who is it for?
This course is for candidates in Northern Ireland only. It is for candidates who need to renew a valid first aid at work certificate. This is a HSE approved and certified course.
Course content includes:
- Priorities of first aid
- Managing an incident
- Roles/responsibilities of employers and employees for first aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, ligaments & joints
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous injuries
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Infection control
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of the casualty
First aid at work certificate, valid for 3 years.
This course is for candidates in Northern Ireland only. Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requires that all people attending a requalification course prove their existing first aid qualification prior to attending this course. When your booking has been confirmed via email, please assist us by sending a faxed or scanned copy of your existing first aid certificate to 0844 412 2739.
Candidates must hold and must produce to the customer service centre a first aid at work or first aid at work refresher certificate, which is valid for the duration of the training, prior to the course booking being confirmed. This can be renewed up to 3 months early with the unexpired portion being added to the new certificate.