Who is it for?
This course is for candidates in Northern Ireland only. It is for employees who require a first aid at work certificate to comply with HSE (Northern Ireland) requirements. This is a HSE (Northern Ireland) approved and certified course.
Course content includes:
- Priorities of first aid
- Managing an incident
- Roles/responsibilities of employers & employees for first aid at work
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Disorders of the airway
- Dealing with bleeding and shock
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Burns and scalds
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Recognition and management of major illnesses
- Recognition of minor illnesses and appropriate action
- Eye injuries
- Miscellaneous injuries
- Record keeping and accident reporting
- Infection control
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Manage the transportation of a casualty
First aid at work certificate (HSE approved), valid for 3 years.
This course is for candidates in Northern Ireland only. Please note, this course will only be available as a four day course until the 31st August 2011. From the 1st September 2011 a three day course will be available. Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.