Who is it for?
This is a course for candidates in Northern Ireland only. It is for candidates wishing to act as an appointed person in the workplace. This course does not qualify the candidate to be an HSE approved first aider.
Course content includes:
- Personal safety, assessing the incident
- Priorities: DR ABC check and sending for help
- Unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation: adults
- Dealing with blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Emergency treatement for diabetics, heart attack, strokes and seizures
- Reporting and recording of incidents as required by the HSE
- Contents of a HSE approved first aid kit
Appointed persons certificate, valid for three years.
This is a course for candidates in Northern Ireland only. Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.