Who is it for?
This evening course is for anyone aged 16 and over who wants to learn first aid for adults. It covers a range of life-saving skills such as unconsciousness, heart attack, choking and seizures.
The course attracts people looking to learn first aid for many different reasons, such as:
- wanting to be able to help their family, friends or neighbours
- preparing for university or working abroad during a gap year
- being involved with local community groups or sports clubs
- having experienced a real life emergency.
It's especially recommended for anyone who would prefer an evening class, or find it difficult to attend a course during the day.
If you need first aid training as a requirement of your job, a workplace course could be more suitable.
4 hours (2 hours per evening)
Course content includes:
This course covers the same content as the daytime course, except it is delivered over two consecutive nights (two hours a night).
You'll receive practical, hands-on learning. Our friendly trainers will help you learn some key skills you really need to know:
- dealing with an emergency
- unconscious breathing
- unconscious not breathing (CPR)
- bleeding heavily
- broken bones, strains and sprains
- head injury
- heart attack
- severe allergic reaction
- diabetic emergency.
You'll receive a free first aid workbook full of helpful advice; this can be taken home and used to check and refresh your knowledge.
The workbook includes your certificate of learning, which you can fill in yourself. Please note this does not meet workplace requirements – find out more about our workplace courses here.
You don’t need any first aid knowledge prior to the course.
We recommend that you:
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as the course involves practical activities
- bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets close by.
If you have a smartphone, you can download our free First Aid app and use it during the course if you’d like to.