Who is it for?
Nobody likes to think of their child being in an emergency situation, but learning first aid will give you the confidence to be able to help should you need to.
This one day course has been designed with parents in mind, to guide you through exactly what you need to know. It covers a range of childhood emergency situations; from choking and unconsciousness to fever and meningitis.
It's perfect for:
- parents of children of all ages (from birth to puberty)
- expectant parents, as part of preparing for parenthood
- family members
If you care for a child professionally, our paediatric first aid course meets workplace first aid requirements.
4 hours (plus 30 minute lunch)
Course content includes:
You’ll receive practical, hands-on learning. Our friendly trainers will help you learn some key skills you really need to know:
- dealing with an emergency
- choking baby and child
- unconscious breathing baby and child
- unconscious not breathing baby and child (CPR)
- fever and febrile seizures
- head injury
- severe allergic reaction
- swallowed something harmful
- bleeding heavily
- asthma attack
- broken bones, strains and sprains.
You'll receive a free first aid workbook full of helpful advice; this can be taken home and used to check and refresh your knowledge.
The workbook includes your certificate of learning, which you can fill in yourself. Please note this does not meet workplace requirements – find out more about our workplace courses here.
You don’t need any first aid knowledge prior to the course.
We recommend that you:
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as the course involves practical activities
- bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets close by.
If you have a smartphone, you can download our free Baby and Child First Aid app and use it during the course if you’d like to.
We can't provide facilities for babies or children at our venues, so unfortunately infants, toddlers and young children can't attend the course.
We also offer a First aid for baby and child (evenings) course split over two consecutive evenings (two hours per evening).
For more information please call 0844 412 2808 (view call charges).