Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for anyone who needs to renew a valid first aid at work certificate. This is a HSE approved and certified course.
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of first aid kits (avoid cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock*
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack*, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
(*Epi Pen and aspirin administration)
First aid at work (FAW) certificate, valid for 3 years. We recommend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requires all delegates attending a requalification course to have a current and valid first aid certificate prior to attending. When your booking has been confirmed via email, please assist us by sending a faxed or scanned copy of your existing first aid certificate to 0844 412 2739.
Candidates must hold and must produce to the customer service centre a first aid at work or first aid at work requalification certificate, which is valid for the duration of the training, prior to the course booking being confirmed. This can be renewed up to 90 days early with the unexpired portion being added to the new certificate.
For more information on this course please call 0844 871 8000.