Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for candidates who may be required to administer oxygen to a casualty. This course covers adult first aid information.
Course content includes:
- Recap of basic life support skills
- Cause of hypoxia
- Importance of oxygen
- Equipment used in the delivery of oxygen to a casualty
- Use of the equipment
- When and how to use oxygen
- Contraindications to the use of oxygen
- Review of procedures in the event of an incident
- Records and reporting
Special hazards oxygen certificate, valid for 1 year.
Candidates must hold a current first aid at work certificate. They must also be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend the entire course to be elible for assessment.
For more information on this course call 0844 871 8000.