Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for candidates who require an introduction to moving and handling techniques for the avoidance of and moving of objects.
Course content includes:
- Moving and handling - why bother?
- Understanding your back, anatomy and physiology
- Fit to move: an introduction to ergonomics and the biomechanics of movement
- Moving and handling and the law: your duty of care
- Assessment of risk: a basic guide
Introduction to moving and handling certificate.
Candidates will be required to complete a questionnaire at the beginning of the session. Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
For more information on this course call 0844 871 8000.