Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for teachers and staff who work in a school environment and wish to have first aid skills to be able to act in an emergency. The course covers adult and child information.
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of first aid kits (and avoid cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unconscious - child and adult
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) - child and adult
- is choking - child and adult
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns & scalds, small splinters
- has a fracture, including Greenstick fractures
- has a bump to the head (concussion)
First aid for teachers certificate, valid for 3 years.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.