Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, The National Coaching Foundation advertises this course for those who are involved in sporting activities and may need to administer basic first aid. This course covers adult and child information.
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of a first aid kit and avoiding cross infection
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures) - adults and children
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) - adults and children
- is choking - adults and children
- is wounded & bleeding
- is in shock
- has burns and scalds including friction burns and sunburn
- has fractures including spinal injuries
- has minor bleeding from special areas: face, mouth, tongue, loss of teeth, ripped nails
- has winding
- has chest injuries
- has sprains, strains and dislocations, damage to Achilles tendon and cramp
First aid for sports certificate, valid for 3 years.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
For more information on this course call 0844 871 8000.