Who is it for?
Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for workplace candidates who wish to be trained in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) machine and do have a current first aid certificate. We also offer an AED course for those who do not have first aid certificate.
Course content includes:
- Recap of personal safety
- Assessing the incident and patient
- DRABC check and sending for help
- Defibrillation (recognition of heart rhythms)
- CPR and use of AED on a casualty
- General guidelines for using a defibrillator
- Recording of information (sample report form)
- Handover to the emergency services
AED certificate, valid for 1 year.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.
Candidates must hold a valid first aid certificate and be competent in CPR skills. For more information on this course call 0844 871 8000.